RfA National Conference Underwriting Campaign
Everyone who seeks to follow Jesus deserves to be welcomed in the Body of Christ, at the Table of Christ.
Participants at Room for All’s national conferences come to the Lord’s Table with the full spectrum of Christ-followers, a sacramental enactment of God’s radical welcome that some have never before experienced. We need to raise $25,000 to “furnish the table” at “Making Room for All – 2013” on October 24-26 at Central Reformed Church in Grand Rapids, Michigan. You can help by becoming a conference underwriter. The David & Carol Myers Foundation has recently given us a generous $25,000 grant to support RfA’s various ministries. We challenge you to match their gift with your own, in any amount, to help to underwrite this fall’s exciting conference. Help us to be the church as Christ calls us to be – just, loving, and extravagantly welcoming.
What will your gift make possible?
- Christ-centered, fully inclusive worship
- Keynote speaker Justin Lee, Executive Director of the Gay Christian Network and author of “Torn: Rescuing the Gospel from the Gays-vs.-Christians Debate”
- Workshops that equip participants to “furnish the table” in their own contexts
- Musical inspiration by gifted gay Christian singer/songwriters
Conference Participation Goals
- To underwrite travel scholarships to the first 50 participants who would not be able to attend without that help
- To underwrite the entire cost for students at RCA & CRC colleges or seminaries
- To register participants from RCA churches across the entire denomination
- Arts Patrons – a nationally-known artist will incorporate and unify the artistic responses of participants into a unique painting that represents the spirit of the conference
- Filming – professional videographers will be filming throughout the conference, and will produce a DVD which captures the highlights of the conference
- Photo Exhibit – “We Have Faith,” a photo/story collection of LGBT clergy and their families (including an RCA clergy couple) will be displayed throughout the conference
How You Can Help
- Make checks payable to Room for All, designated for “Conference Underwriting” and mail to Room for All, P.O. Box 11495, Albany NY 12211
- Use the “Donate” option on our homepage. If you choose this option (PayPal or credit card) please send us an email to let us know that your donation is for conference underwriting.
- If you would like to honor someone with your gift, please include that information in the email, as well.
- With your permission, donors who respond by October 1, 2013 will be listed in the conference program by name (only) and/or honoree.